If you’re living on planet Earth, then you probably haven’t missed the zillions of commercials and ad placements around you that are “preparing” you for the holidays. And – whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, Chrismukkah, or Festivus – it IS the season of giving, whether you’re ready for it or not.
Well, we’re here for those of you who aren’t. It’s the last week of shopping before some big ones, and we know you might be stuck with no where to turn. Have no fear! If your friend/mother/sister/brother/son/uncle/acquaintance is a music lover – and we’re guessing someone probably is in your immediate circle – here are some gifts they are sure to love! Yes, this is a crazy random list, but it includes some of our favorites. So show it some love and give it a chance! As always, Happy Holidays from your friends at IMPOSE!
1. Pick Punch // Because who doesn’t want the ability to make an endless supply of guitar picks for super flippin’ cheap? You can make them out of almost anything – we suggest recycled vinyl – and voila! Plus, it doubles as a jewelry make for those people in your life who want to wear their music for the world to see!
2. Wireless Charger for Smartphone // Any festival or concert-goer knows that it’s difficult to keep your phone charged when you’re out and about with friends. Taking photos, video, sending Snaps, posting to social media… all of that can drain the fuck out of your battery! Make sure to have one of these in tow for your music-lovin’ friends! (Best part? NOT expensive!)
3. Aduro AQUA Sound Bluetooth Shower Speaker // Does your friend like to sing in the shower? (Who doesn’t?) Well, this bluetooth shower speaker does it all… and it doesn’t stop with music. You can answer your phone in there! Yup.
4. Musical Handcrafted Essential Oil Diffuser // For those of you who are very in-tune with your senses and trying out aromatherapy, there is an option that plays music. In fact, there are several! So pick one up for your holistic buddies today!
5. eMedia My Piano Starter Pack // This is great for the budding musician in your life, no matter what their age!
6. “Shut Your F-A-C-E” Mug // Seriously, this is hilarious. Anyone who knows their scales will completely understand! (For the hot beverage fanatics, of course!)
7. Guitar Sidekick iPod/iPhone Holder // For the aspiring guitarist who needs a place to hold their music on the go!
8. Music Note Measuring Spoons // For the cook or baker in your life, here’s a nifty set of measuring spoons that screams “I love music!”
9. Cannonball Gourd Thumb Piano // Confused? So were we. But this sucker sure is intriguing…
10. DIY Ukulele // This is the gift you never knew you needed. (Trust me, got it for Christmas last year!) Decorate and stain your own ukulele to go with your personality, then strum the hell out of it!
11. Vinyl Frames // So you have frames for your vinyl sleeves, but not frames that you can actually keep your records in. Now, Art Vinyl has solved this conundrum, allowing for easy and beautiful storage all around the home!
12. Vinyl Me, Please // If you haven’t heard of the subscription box that will save your life, Vinyl Me, Please is where it’s at. Get your friend or family member a monthly subscription that includes limited edition pressings and drink recipes to enjoy while listening! There is also access to a unique web store and member events!
13. Soundwaves Print // Although Not On The High Street isn’t the only place supplying these fun and original prints, it is a good place to look. You can have your friend’s favorite song made into a beautiful and timeless art print! It’s simple, inexpensive, and will make them smile for years to come!
**Originally featured on IMPOSE.
Meredith Schneider is often referred to as an entrepreneur, photographer, writer, and multi-media maven. In her free time, she likes to make baked goods and complete DIY projects. She loves Batman. You can find her random musings on Twitter and Instagram.