Let me preface this by explaining that over at Brit + Co, there’s been a legit skincare craze. From anti-aging game-changers, skincare regimens by skin type, and with sensitive skin-friendly products on my mind, I’m starting to feel in-the-know when it comes to the world of beauty. Factor in that whole K-Beauty phenom — there’ll be more on that to come — and there’s a whole new world of incredible products to explore that I’ve barely scratched the surface of.
To keep you informed along my skincare saga, here are some of the most exciting skincare finds to pop up (so far) along the way. They range in price and function, but they’ve been holy grail-level amazing for my temperamental skin.
1. Tepezcohuite Cream ($22): This Tepezcohuite tree bark cream is one of the best skincare finds for my skin ever. I heard about it while at a Bachelorette party and bought it immediately on Amazon when I got home. It’s naturally healing, anti-aging, and moisturizing for your skin — and it also helps to even out those hard-to-mask post-blemish marks that linger on fair skin. If my word isn’t enough, know that Salma Hayek swears by it. I noticed a difference the very next day!
2. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum ($85): This is another product that I’ll be buying a second bottle of when it runs out. It made a difference literally overnight, after my very first application of this amazing serum. It makes your skin appear brighter, more even, and downright luminous — my boyfriend even asked if I was wearing makeup when we woke up the next morning!
3. Aerin Lip Conditioner ($28): This soothing, rose-scented, lip conditioner is the most luxurious experience to ever happen to my lips. Highly, highly recommend.
4. S.W. Basics Toner ($22): I love this line! And the toner is to-die-for. It’s great for balancing your skin and I love that it includes ingredients that my Naturopathic doctor would approve of wholeheartedly.
5. Renee Rouleau Rapid Response Detox Masque ($60.50): Demi Lovato herself swears by this face mask to banish oncoming breakouts, and I’ve since started using it weekly. Anytime I feel an issue begin to arise, I’ll throw on the mask for 15 minutes and let it work it’s clearing, anti-inflammatory magic. Another important find is Renee Rouleau’s Anti Cyst Treatment ($45.50), which is definitely worth investing in if you’ve got moody/PMS-y skin or have ever suffered from cystic acne.
6. Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum ($32): This is a top-rated Korean skincare eye serum packed with powerful anti-agers for your around-the-eye area. I’ve been using this bad boy preventatively, and love that it goes on super light and blends in quickly.
7. Erborian Solid Oil Cleanser ($39): Here’s another K-Beauty find that my editor at Brit + Co swears by. The Korean double cleansing method is all about removing every last trace of your makeup, using products like cleansing oil, micellar water, and lotions/toners galore. I was impressed with how soft it leaves your skin, and I’ve heard through the grape vine that the double-cleansing method helps minimize breakouts.
8. Lavera Organic Almond Milk & Honey Body Lotion ($14): I found this body lotion in a gluten-free, organic, grocery store in Paris — so I automatically love it 10x more. It smells great (kind of like a pastry), is totally natural, and it’s literally my favorite lotion to use. It used to be hard to get in the U.S., but I randomly saw that it was for sale on Wal-Mart’s site. I’ll be stocking up!
9. Weleda Skin Food Hydrating Cream ($12): I got this after I found out that icons like Victoria Beckham and Alexa Chung use it, but it’s green and ultra-moisturizing. Apparently Alexa uses it on her face, but it’s for super-dry areas like elbows and feet.
10. The Seaweed Bath Co. Detox Cellulite Soap ($7): It’s pretty cool to know that a product you’re using is also healthy for you, and that’s how I feel about The Seaweed Bath Co. in general. This product helps to nourish, exfoliate, and detox your skin — and apparently smoothes out cellulite.
Honorable Shout-Out: Aerin Ikat Jasmine ($115) is my fave scent alert! I used to use Elizabeth & James Nirvana White ($65-110) every single day because I like to use only one, “signature” scent – so switching things up was a big deal!
Can’t Wait To Try: Sunday Riley Power Couple Duo: Total Transformation Kit. It contains two of their best-sellers that work best together to prevent signs of your skin’s aging and retexturize the skin.
Skincare Wish-List: May Lindstrom The Problem Solver Mask ($100). This super-pricey mask purifies, heals, corrects, and soothes your skin — no matter what the issue.
What skincare products would you like to try? Tell us on Instagram!