Ever since the green beauty revolution took off, and especially in honor of Earth day, we’ve been dying to get in-the-know on what, exactly, the hype is about. TBH, a psychic did once mention to us that the ocean has healing properties, and according to Adam and Allison Grossman, the owners of The Seaweed Bath Co., she was totally right.
Here are 5 reasons we tried and LOVE The Seaweed Bath Co. (and that you will, too!):
- The line is as gentle with the environment as it is with our skin! The line’s core ingredient is organic, sustainable-harvested, hand-picked bladderwrack seaweed, and the ingredients are also non-toxic – they’re paraben-free, gluten-free, SLS-free, and cruelty-free.(Photo via Cocotique)
- Science has confirmed that nature is nurturing us. There’s something pretty inspiring about mother nature’s healing properties being 100% confimed by scientists. Among other things, the products are anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, blemish healing, and can even make your skin more resilient to environmental stressors. Da-yum!
- BANISH CELLULITE? Say no more. Boo-yeah! If you’ve ever worried about cirnkly or dimpled skin appearing in unwanted areas, their products improve your microcirculation, creating a smoother look. Check out The Seaweed Bath Co. Detox Cellulite Soap ($8) to see for yourself (but give it a couple weeks to take effect).
- It’s anti-aging = quality, according to 95% of consumers. The patended AlgaDerm Complex contained in their anti-aging skincare line is A-MA-ZING. The formula contains anti-aging superstars like anti-oxidants, restoring your skin, minimizing your pores, and evening out your skin tone in consumer-backed studies.
- The owners are real people, not some money-hungry corporation. The owners started the company after finding relief in the waters of the ocean for debilitating psoriasis. They decided to share their newfound secret with us (and we’re eternally grateful they did). Plus, look how cute they are!
Now that recent clinical research is finally providing the evidence-based research to give Mother Eart some much-deserved cred for her amazing, naturally healthy and nourishing properties, we’re definitely considering going green ourselves. Psst! You can peek a few other recommended green beauty buys from Brit + Co. here.
(Featured Photo via Instagram)
Will you be joining us on the path to green beauty-land? Tell us on Instagram!