Vanessa Hudgens, the so-called “Queen of Coachella,” has come a long way since High School Musical. These days, she’s a celebrity staple on the festival music scene, known for her babeworthy festival-style. As we consider our own outfit selections for the upcoming festival season, we look to the our favorite icon for festival-style, from boho-chic beauty inspo to the standout fashion choices she rocks. Here are 5 babeworthy festival-style pointers we learned from the “Coachell-eesi” herself.
1. Be flowy. Be free. Be floral. Ladies, if you’re the type to fall for solids in your everyday look, consider sprucing things up with some flirty florals once festival season rolls around. There’s just something about the flowy, draped amazingness of Vanessa’s all-over floral look that makes us want to forget all our troubles, be one with nature, and sway to the sound of live music. Considering that’s exactly what we love to do at music festivals, we’d say that this flower child is right on the money.
2. Braids, Facepaint + Bandanas. There’s so much we love about this picture where Vanessa pulled off the trifecta. The combo of braids, facepaint and a trusty hair wrap, head piece or sunhat are all definite yes’s when it comes to festival fashion. Plus, styles that keep your hair secured back and out of the way are a great way to show off your slayworthy jewelry. For tips on how to DIY your festival-ready facepaint look, you can check out Brit + Co’s tutorial here, and check out Drake’s for J. Crew Bandana in Tiled Elephant Print ($22).
3. The “Messy Hair Don’t Care” Rule Reigns Supreme. One of the most amazing things about festival style is embracing the whole “laissez-faire” mentality when it comes to pretty much everything. After days spent outdoors enjoying friends and live music, the last thing you’ll want to be worrying about is your hair. Throw it back into a messy-pretty pony so that your bedazzled face gems, like these ones sold by In Your Dreams ($8), your gorgeous layered necklaces and your festival-approved knit top can be admired on full display. For truly awesome waves, try out a product like Fekkai Soleil Beach Waves Spray ($8) to embrace the sun-loving look.
4. Festival-Approved Sunnies + Bedazzled Eye Accessories Are A Must. Duh — while it’s obvious that you shouldn’t forget a pair of festival-friendly shades, you might not have realized that when it comes to festival beauty accessories, less is definitely not more. Even if it’s for just one weekend, ditch the minimalist trend and whip out a pair of hexagonal sunnies, full-on face paint, and go to town with the glitter. For truly babe-worthy festival style, check out these Shimmer Tatts Metallic Tattoos ($5) on Etsy, and we’re not gonna lie — we fell for these BP Heart Shaped 58 mm Glasses ($12) isntantly.
5. Festival Mani? Check! The same secret applies when it comes to your nails — go all out for your fun-in-the-sun! Vanessa’s a fan of the trendy stiletto nails and we dig everything about this look. From the matte black polish and subtle silver accents to the unbelievable skull-embellished nail, the manicure you choose should help get you excited so make it a major part of your pre-festival prep. For your own DIY bedazzled mani, check out In Your Dreams Aztec Face & Nail Jewels ($5). Or, for a truly chip-proof Coachella mani, have a look at Static Nails Lilac Edit ($16) manicure to take some chrome edge to the middle of the desert.
What looks make up your favorites in festival-style? Tell us on Instagram!